Installing and using BLHeli Configurator : How to solve yaw spinBLHeli Configurator allows you to check and change the ESC (Electric Speed Controller) settings of drones that use BLHeli / BLHeli_S as their firmware. Here's how to install BLHeli Configurator on your Windows PC.
Table of contents
Download BLHeli ConfiguratorBLHeli Configurator is distributed on Github.
There is also a link called "blheli-configurator-nightlies", but since this is a nightly build, so-called beta version, it may be unstable or contain bugs. This version is for developers, so please do not use it for general users.
BLHeli Configurator (Github)
blheli-configurator Releases (Github)
For Windows, click the file name that contains "_win64" (when using 64-bit Windows) or "_win32". Download time is about 10 minutes, depending on the speed of your network.
Installing and using BLHeli Configurator
Double-click "blheli-configurator.exe" to start the app.
If the battery is not connected to the drone, the ESC information will not be read.
After that, change any parameter and click "Write Setup" at the bottom right of the screen, and the setting will be reflected in drone.
Change rotate direction of motor
How to check motor / ESC numberUse Betaflight Configurator to see which ESC controls which motor. To check, the motor will rotate, so remove propellers for safety.
Note: Do not run BLHeli Configurator and Betaflight Configurator at the same time. If you start at the same time, you will not be able to connect with the drone because the COM port will conflict.
Connect battery to drone and turn on slider to the left of "I understand the risks, the propellers are removed..." that appears at the bottom right of the screen. Then move one of the motor slider on the screen up a little and corresponding motor will rotate. The motor number at this time corresponds to the ESC (Electric Speed Controller) number.
You can move the slider in small increments by clicking blue circle on it and pressing the up and down arrow keys on PC keyboard.
Installing and using Betaflight Configurator for beginners
When drone spins around the yaw axisSelf-assembled drone may spin around its yaw axis the moment you arm and raise throttle. This phenomenon is almost certainly caused by the wrong direction of motor/propeller rotation. Check each point below.
- Check if the motor/ESC number is correct
- Rotate motors one by one on "Motors" screen of Betaflight Configurator shown above, and check that the motor number shown in the upper left corner of the screen matches the motor that is actually rotating. If not, review the motor wiring.
- Check if the direction of rotation of the motor is correct
- Rotate motors one by one on "Motors" screen of Betaflight Configurator shown above, and make sure that the arrow indicating the rotation direction shown in the upper left of the screen matches the rotation direction of the motor that is actually rotating. If not, switch "Motor direction" on the upper left of the "Motors" screen, or reverse "Motor Direction" setting of each ESC in BLHeli Configurator.
- Check if the propellers are installed correctly
- There are two types of propellers, one for counterclockwise rotation and one for clockwise rotation, and the shapes are different. Rotate motors one by one on "Motors" screen of Betaflight Configurator shown above, and make sure the propellers are installed so that the wind blows downward. If the wind is not blowing downward, replace the propeller.
How to configure your BLHeli ESCs (propwashed)
BLHeli Suite and BLHeli Configurator How To (multirotorguide)
How to change a motor on the Mobula7 HD (georgi-yanev)